Sunday, 5 February 2017

portland seasons



 My winter project is finally complete... 

 Over the last few months I have been working from many photographs, in my studio,
 trying to convey the feeling of each season on the isle of Portland.
 I have been studying cloudy and clear skies, the flora and fauna, and just the light,
 bouncing off the lighthouse and buildings at different times of year.
 I think Summer was probably the hardest, especially with all those flowers, 
 completing that one just a few days ago, - Yes, in January!  
 It was hard to get into the right mood while looking out of the window at the pouring rain!

 This is a sneaky peak, a cheeky preview if you like, before they head off over to 
 the gallery in the next few weeks. 
 They will be for sale at the Cove Gallery, Trinity street, Weymouth, Dorset, in a few 
 weeks time, and coming soon as limited edition giclee prints.